Motu 828 mk3 Hybrid Computer Audio Interface
Having trouble deciding between a high-end FireWire and USB2 audio interface for computer recording? Cringing at the idea that youÕll need multiple audio solutions for your multiple systems? DonÕt sweat it! The MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid Audio Interface offers audio engineers a high-end solution for moving audio in and out of your computer via a feature-filled first class audio interface. ItÕs compatible with both FireWire and USB2 and, in addition, the MOTU 828mk3 doubles as a standalone mixer for live performance duty ultimately making it 3 professional solutions in one.
Adorned with a wealth of analog and digital connectivity, the MOTU 828mk3 delivers professional, reliable performance whether used with MOTU software or the software of your choice, Mac or PC. The 828mk3 provides a total of 28 inputs and 30 outputs including dedicated main XLR outputs and 2 front panel headphone outputs. There are 10 channels of 192kHz recording and playback, 16 channels of ADAT I/O and stereo S/PDIF. A pair of front panel XLR/TRS combo jack inputs let you plug in your dynamic or condenser microphones (switchable 48V phantom power is available on both mic preamps). Built-in overload protection gives you an extra 12 dB of headroom above zero with no digital clipping or digital artifacts. Both mic preamps provide 53 dB of gain and is adjustable using the detented rotary encoder. The LCD gives you a precise readout of your settings so youÕre always in-the-know.
Built-In Digital Mixer
The MOTU 828mk3 features the onboard CueMix FX digital mixer with built-in DSP offering compression, EQ, and reverb to all the inputs and outputs freeing your computer of these system taxing chores as well as providing you with all the effects youÕll need for a live performance when you use the 828mk3 as a live mixer. When operating the 828mk3 as a stand-alone mixer with effects, all operations are carried out via the front panel backlit LCD on the front panel.
Whether youÕre an audio engineer in need of a complete, feature-rich, computer audio interface solution or a gigging musician looking for a streamlined live performance mixer with built-in effects, the MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid interface is ready and able to take on all connections and spit out high definition audio on-par with the best systems available.
MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid FireWire and USB Audio Interface Features:
- 28 inputs and 30 outputs (at 44.1/48kHz)
- CueMix FX manages 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects
- CueMix FX includes reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output
- Access any setting in your entire 828mk3 mix directly from the front panel
- Stand-alone functionality
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes
- 2 front panel combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4″ guitar input or lo-Z XLR mic input with phantom power
- Mic/guitar instrument sends-add analog outboard effects to the 2 mic/guitar inputs
- Mic/guitar input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels
- 8 24-bit/192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4″ TRS jacks
- 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96kHz) or 2 pairs of stereo TOSLink
- Sample-accurate MIDI
- Expandable-add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
- Word clock in and out
- SMPTE in and out
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI
- Supports all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today’s popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk software for the Mac
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire
- Front panel volume control for monitoring
- Monitor in stereo, quad, 6.1, 7.1, plus user-defined surround monitoring setups
- 2 front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls
- LED metering for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs
Requirements for Mac OS X:
- PowerPC G4 CPU 1GHz or faster
- OS X 10.5.8 or greater
- 1GB of RAM minimum; 2GB of RAM recommended
Requirements for Windows:
- Pentium IV or equivalent, 1GHz or better
- Windows XP (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7, Windows 8, Vista (SP2), or later
- 1GB of RAM minimum; 2GB of RAM recommended
The MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid is decked out with I/O and handy USB and FireWire connectivity for maximum flexibility!